Tuesday 21 July 2015

and another

nothing because it's late you!

Didn't expect to be writing anything this evening, but this is still on my reading list so good evening.

Looking back on the last post it is appropriate to mention that I finished Breaking Bad and also finished The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy. Both heartbreaking. 

TRotN was the 7th Hardy novel I've read and finished on the four hour plane journey on holiday. Thinking ahead I had my 8th Hardy in hand, not thinking ahead I finished it within three days. Two on a Tower wasn't simple by any means but shorter and given the fact there was nothing on holiday to do but read, it is a given to finish yet another masterpiece. 

Another four days on holiday without a physical book? Technology, you babe. iBooks offered a free Penguin Classic in the form of The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. No, not on the 9th Hardy yet. Not comprehending the size of the novel, Dumas has astounded me. But because of its hefty size I'd feel awful recommending it to anyone unless they had a thing for French authors and adventure in sublime amounts. So goes the sentences of "just read this chapter". I think I just have a taste for satisfying novels, writing that fulfils you. You can't read a modern novel and say its filled your imagination and given you any experience.



Could you imagine what will happen when I finish The Count? It's the same size as Les Mis.

French writers huh.

So, I'll stop writing in the dark now and try post something more detailed tomorrow or soon.
Goodnight
x

No comments:

Post a Comment