Sunday 8 March 2015

obsessing & obligation

little obsessed by this

What happened to February? That post went astray and now we're coming through to March for a catch up.

I finished Jude the Obscure and found it to be majorly appropriate for Hardy's last novel. There were a surprising amount of times where I sympathised with both Jude & Sue as they are obviously similar, being what I would call soul mates. Later in the book I discovered a dialogue that utterly describes part of my own character provoking an immediate connection with their individual and yet intertwining situations. It was a masterpiece.

Moving on to my next Hardy novel, which is also the last one I own before getting another *strikes down mug on floor* ANOTHER! Return of the Native has a stereotypically Hardy storyline where the love of an idyllic situation strikes but tragically goes wrong. Only because the synopsis provides basically the whole storyline, but Penguin always leave out major plot twists and turns that creates that Hardy satisfaction. However with even more unusual names such as Eustacia & Clym. You can instantly see the difference in writing against Jude because it is documented that Hardy struggled to finish Jude, whereas the writing flows better in my new adventure. Not to say that Jude isn't written beautifully, but it is his most modern piece and clearly wasn't necessary to include vast scenic paragraphs. For any preferred modern reader Jude the Obscure is best to start with because there is more dialogue than any other. 
Here. Oh aren't you spoiled.

On to another update: I'm starting to get healthy. Not that my tonsillitis will never return, not in that sense. But I invested in a protein formula from Protein World called The Slender Blend. Banana is delicious and it genuinely helps to improve your sore muscles after a work out beyond supplying you with whey protein. Combine that with a few exercise apps and I've worked myself into getting a natural high of endorphins and healthy motivation. Good start. My third new addition is Breaking Bad. That's finally happening. Mid-season 2 and still addicted. It's a show you can see progressing its characters and pushing you into a love/hate relationship. Good on you Netflix. 


More updates to come, especially in April where there should be more to talk about regarding non-lonesome adventures. The above listed are great things that make me happy but it would be nice to write of laughing with friends again. 

Till the next chapter, have a nice day (namaste) x





No comments:

Post a Comment